Monday, March 1, 2021

St. Patrick's Day Speech-Language Therapy Lesson Plans!

And just like that, it's almost St. Patrick's Day! It always seems like once St. Patrick's Day hits, the school year starts going by so fast. Anyway, here's what we will be doing for St. Patrick's Day!

1.) I love this FREE St. Patrick's Day Coloring Book from Krista Wallden. It's easy to pair with any articulation or language card deck. There are several different coloring pages, so the kids can pick what they want. 

2.)  I have two different articulation activities that I like to do for St. Patrick's Day. The first one is this NO PREP St. Patrick's Day Articulation Packet. These are perfect to use and therapy and to send home for homework. The games are fun and there is a set for every sound, so all kids in a mixed articulation group can participate in the same activities.

3.) The other articulation activity I like is an interactive articulation activity. This Shamrock Search Interactive Articulation Sensory Bin is super motivating for my PK-2nd grade students. The sensory bin component is an added bonus! I add a few gold coins in there to add to the fun! 


4.) I like this open ended St. Patrick's Themed game to target any skill! The kids draw "coins" to add to their "pot of gold." There are special cards that require students to take coins, give coins, etc. Whoever has the most coins at the end, wins the game! 

5.) For my language kiddos, I'll be using this St. Patrick's Day Language Packet. This packet targets concepts, vocabulary, and grammar. It is all black and white, no prep worksheets. They are great for the therapy room and to send home as homework.

6.) We'll also make a shamrock for my therapy room door. After we are done with the St. Patrick's Day Unit, the handout will go home for practice on these Di-Cut Parent Handouts.


And that will cover my speech-language therapy lesson plans for St. Patrick's Day! Hope that you found something you can use in your own therapy room! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment