Sunday, January 12, 2020

Big Changes!

Hi -
Long time, no see. Sorry I've kind of abandoned this blog lately. Life has been a bit crazy, but I made a New Year's Resolution to post here more regularly. So, here I am! I thought I should do a little update on all the new things going on in our life!

1.) I switched jobs! This isn't really a NEW thing, as I made the switch about 18 months ago, but I never wrote about it. I switched from a school setting to a pediatric outpatient setting. It's a lot different, but so amazing. I work part time now (about 30 hours per week) and don't work on Fridays. But I gave up my summer's off and Christmas break. I loved my school job, but more and more responsibilities were getting dumped on me. I really felt like my quality of therapy was suffering. This new job sort of fell into my lap and it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. I feel like I have the time and resources to be a better therapist. Maybe sometime I'll write more about the differences between the two settings.

2.) We're remodeling our home! I am thankful that my husband owns his own construction business and is doing most of the work on his own. We are adding two bedrooms, a bathroom, some storage, and a dedicated office space to our tiny little home. It's adding about 550 square feet! I'm so excited to have a little more breathing room and to start decorating!

3.) Perhaps the most exciting, we're having a baby! Our little guy is due in May! We are so excited and so in love already!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope all is going well for you and that 2020 will be a year full of blessings!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment