Saturday, May 15, 2021

Summer Homework

 I always struggled with the decision of whether or not to send summer homework packets home with students. On one hand, I wanted my students to maintain their newly acquired skills over the summer. But, on the other hand, I felt like EVERYONE needed a break - kids included. I wondered if time for unstructured play, family, and nature immersion would be better for them than structured practice. I ended up compromising - I decided to send home more "play based" resources that could help guide parents to incorporate skills practice into their daily lives. I decided to save the structure for the school year. However, there weren't a ton of resources out there for this kind of practice. Over the years, I created some resources and cultivated a small list of resources from other sellers on TpT. I th
ought I would share them here for any other like-minded SLPs. I hope you find something you can use! 

Articulation

Sun Spinner Articulation



Articulation Flashcard Parent Handout



Preschool

Word of the Week: At Home Activities





Summer Learning Through Play Handouts from Speech Room News



Elementary

Dicut Parent Handouts


Tier 2 Vocabulary Half Sheets for K-5


Summer Speech Therapy Parent Handouts by Natalie Snyders


Summer Themed Speech Therapy Freebie by Twin Speech Language and Literacy


Playing Games Parent Handout: Freebie!



Thanks for stopping by! Happy Summer! 




No comments:

Post a Comment