Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Kings & Queens of Speech Therapy: Do-A-Dot Articulation Crowns

My little Pre-K kiddos have FINALLY returned to school! I LOVE the pre-k age group because they are so fun and imaginative. Anyway, I'll start therapy with them next week - and we'll be starting with a fairy tale unit focusing on kings, queens, castles, etc. We'll be reading some fairy tales, playing with a Little People Castle Set, and focusing on fairy tale vocabulary using this fun freebie from Jenna Rayburn at Speech Room News. And we'll also be doing my favorite activity of all - making crowns! 

Last year, I developed this Do-A-Dot Crown Activity. My kids LOVED it. And I loved that I could use it with nearly every kid on my caseload. 
The Phonology skills targeted include: weak syllable deletion, stridency deletion, fronting, final consonant deletion, and cluster reduction. Articulation sounds include: /p/, /b/, /t/, /d/, /k/, /g/, /s/, /s/ blends, /f/, /v/, /l/, /l/ blends, /m/, /n/, /sh/, prevocalic /r/, vocalic /r/, and /r/ blends. Language skills targeted include: categories (2), pronouns, verbs, object functions, spatial concepts, wh questions, and rhyming words. 
 

And... it was SO SIMPLE! This is seriously a NO PREP activity. Just print out the templates you need and do the rest during therapy. The kids use do-a-dot markers to stamp each picture after they have said the word or answered the question. The dots act as the crowns "jewels." When the kids are done, cut them out and add a band so they can wear it. The kids LOVED being kings & queens! 


You can check them out here. What activities do you do with your fairy tale unit?




No comments:

Post a Comment